Monday, August 3, 2015

Esta Bien!






March 2, 2015
Dear Framily,
So this whole last transfer my saying for everything has been ESTA BIEN! And let me tell you why because everything is GOOD!! The more we think everything is good the more it is!
So Monday we went to Starbucks to see Mark who was our miracle find last Thursday! He is so smart and loves to talk about physiologists and he talked about Eric Ericson and I just felt accomplished that I knew who one of the physiologists was. Thank goodness for all those many early childhood development classes!
Tuesday night we went over the Perez home and we read the tree of life story with Josh and it was so much fun! It was one of those moments that I felt like one of those really fun elementary school teachers that always has the kids laughing and they all understand it! Well It was a good lesson and it was so fun! It helped me to realize how much I truly do love teaching kids! It felt soooo good!
Wednesday night we had pizza night with the Villarini family! They are super awesome and their neighbor came over during dinner and he was joking around with us saying that we could never baptize him, but if we did he would have to stay under for 30 minutes for it to work...soooo funny!
Thursday was TAC and weekly planning day. The elders called us around 12 and told us that all 5 elders in our ward are getting doubled/tripled out and replaced with sisters! Which means that our ward will have 6 sister missionaries and no elder....CRAZY! Sister Egan and I seriously started to cry because we love our elders so much and we didn't want them all to go! We have so much fun together, but we know that God has a lot in store with this big change! Sister Villarini came with us to see Sister Suarez and it was really nice to have her there! When she drove us home she opened up about some of the struggles she has been having with her son who has autism and it felt like I was talking to you mom! We cried with her and I tried to give her advice and we talked about how amazing it will be when Sydney and he son Brandon will be resurrected and all the pain, trials or struggles they went through will be gone. Then we laughed about how we are scared because we love them the way they are :) I love that I am able to relate with people on a deeper level because of Sydney! I love my little sis and this week I missed you a lot Syd! I even miss that you take all of my clothes out of my closet and pack them away or that you steal my phone and text people! haha ;)
Thursday afternoon we got a call from the elders saying that a woman named Dorothy needed our help so we gave her a call. Turns out she was at the funeral that was held at our chapel six weeks ago and one of the missionaries had talked to her and given out our card to her. She had been going through some family problems and had to get out of her apartment and couldn't do it alone and then she remembered the missionaries she talked to and decided to ask for help. So Friday we spent all day with her helping her pack up her apartment and moving her out. She was really emotional and it was really heart breaking to see someone hurt so much. I am so grateful that she called us because there is no way she could have done it alone. I hope that we can continue to help her by sharing the gospel with her!
Saturday we had our last Correlation meeting with our Ward Mission Leader all together. It was really sad, but also really fun!
Later that day we went and took Sister Thomas out to see Linda Victor with us! We picked her up as a new investigator :) It was awesome! She has a lot of questions and we are excited to answer them!
Sunday the duo elders baptized Elena Noriega! It was a beautiful baptism and the spirit was sooo strong! Elena was the happiest person in the whole world!
After the baptism we took the sacrament around for the last time and had more good laughs with sister Suarez. On our way into her room another resident and the assisted living place yelled at us from her room so we went in to see her. She could talk she could just growl and make noises so we decided to sing to her our favorite song, more holiness give me, she looked so happy. I held her hand after and then we left. The spirit was so strong!
We then went to go have dinner with Sister Santamaria for our last big dinner with all the missionaries in the ward! It was so much fun and we laughed the whole time! I am really going to miss these elders!
I read a scripture this week that I love and this is what it is in Doctrine and Covenants;
 1 Hearken, O ye elders (or sisters) of my church, and give ear to my word, and learn of me what I will concerning you, and also concerning this land unto which I have sent you.
 2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
 4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
 5 Remember this, which I tell you before, that you may lay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.
So beautiful right?
Well I love you all! And wish you an amazing week! Stay true and stay strong!
Mostest,
Sister Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment