Monday, August 3, 2015

Nine Months, half way whoa!



Sister Irvine and Sister Cooper in Short Hills, New Jersey

Kaity with Ashley

Nine Months in the Mission! Not prego!

Half way...speeding over the hump!
June 8, 2015

Dear Framily,

Well can you believe it has been 9 months out here in jersey? I can't believe it! 
Monday night we went and tried to find a referral we got from a member. It is a family named the George's. Sister George is a member but has been inactive for like my whole existence. Anyway they let us in right away and we talked about how important the gospel is for families. They invited us to come back over and we picked them up as investigators :) it was an awesome night!

Tuesday after district meeting everyone in the whole mission join president Taggart in a FaceTime call. He talked to us about the goal for baptisms this month and the. Everyone together joined in a fast so that we can achieve this goal! It was very monumental.

Wednesday we taught an investigator named Judy Wu she speaks mandarin and a little bit of English. It was a hard lesson because on the barriers but the spirit was there. We went in going to teach the plan of salvation but we ended up talking about prayer. She said that she has only prayed three times in her life and she feels as though she has never gotten an answer. We talked to her about the Holy Ghost and at first she was scared because of the word ghost...but don't worry we cleared that one up haha! Anyway we committed her to pray for something with all her heart.

Thursday during lunch sister Irvine and I real talked it and she made the decision to go home and figure out her sleep issues because she has really hit the bottom. It broke my heart but at the same time she needs to be healthy. We called sister Taggart and they told us to come over for the night. Before we went we had dinner with the Elton’s and at dinner guess who came running through the door....ASHLEY!!!! I was seriously so happy! I really don't know how to explain how happy I was! We got to catch up and talk :) I am just smiling ear to ear thinking about it! I love that girl so much! 
That night at president’s house they met with sister Irvine and they called her parents. 

Sunday after sacrament meeting Richard comes walking toward us with this girl he introduced her and she said her name was Keyu Haung. Sister Irvine and I got so excited! She was a head quarter referral that we have seriously been trying to find since I got here! And she just came to church! She is an exchange student from China and went to temple square! She stayed for all three hours and had so many questions in the gospel principles class! She wants to receive an answer from God! It was seriously the biggest miracle yet in this area! So cool! The only sad part is that she leaves for China in a week for the summer :( 

Well that is wrap for this week! I was thinking about the concept of remembrance and how my memory is totally...awful. Then I thought about how many times the scriptures talk about remembering. Remembering the commandments, Christ, our covenants, what our parents taught us, etc. then I came across this scripture. So it is Mosiah 27:30 and Alma is stuck goes unconscious and while this is happening he experiences mighty repentance and what he says is really cool! 
29 My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more.

30 I rejected my Redeemer, and denied that which had been spoken of by our fathers; but now that they may foresee that he will come, and that he remembereth every creature of his creating, he will make himself manifest unto all.
Christ also remembers us no matter what we do...we just need to remember him too.

Well I love you all!! And I miss you very much! 9 down and 9 to go!

Mostest,
Sister Cooper the Jersey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment